Skin tags are small light brown skin protrusions which may start developing from a very young age. They are non-cancerous growths and are totally harmless. They are removed majorly for cosmetic purposes as they don’t seem to be appealing.
For knowing about various skin problems, their symptoms and causes you can visit http://www.private-dermatologist.co.uk.
A lot of health professionals and dermatologists are still not sure about their exact causes. But various studies have figured out some factors which tend to cause skin tags. So let us have a look at them.
- Repeated irritation and friction in particular body parts are considered to be one of the factors which trigger skin tags. Areas such as neck, armpits, groin are and genitals which consist deep folds of skin are considered to be most vulnerable to developing these skin growths.
- Obesity has been majorly linked with the cause of skin tags. The extra amount of fat leads into causing a crease and loose skin which tends to skin irritation and triggers skin tag.
- Tags start to develop during the middle age and it has been estimated that around 59% of people who are above the age of 70 have skin tags.
- It is found that skin tag is a genetic condition and it occurs even if one, or both of your parents have it.
- A research says that some women are vulnerable to skin tag while they are pregnant and the major reason behind this is a change which occurs in hormone levels.
There are a large number of medications and cosmetic products in the market which can help in getting rid of skin tags, but it is better that you consult firstly with your dermatologist before trying any of the products, as you don’t wish the problem to worsen.